Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Grateful for

I've had some rough days lately....mostly due to my pneumonia coming back and wiping me out again. I find that when I'm sick and weak that I tend to get depressed and forget all the many blessing that I have, that is why I feel the need to list a few of the great things in my life right now to recognize the blessings I've been given. I also don't want everyone to think that I am the world's worst pregnant woman (which may very well be true).

Blessings:
1.) Mark- I honestly don't know what I'd do without him. He is the most supportive, loving husband in the world. These are just a few of the ways he's helped me lately: he tries so hard to convince me that I'm a "hot mama" when I'm down about the way I look, even though he's crazy busy with finals and work right now he sets aside time every day to spend one-on-one with me (even if it means he has to wake up at 4:30 a.m. to study), and every night before bed he gets me all my medicine and sleepy time tea then rubs my legs and feet and puts lotion on my tummy.

2.) Conner- I definitely didn't understand that bond that can exist during pregnancy between mother and baby before actually being pregnant myself. I feel that with each sickness and struggle my love for this little guy only grows stronger and stronger. I love to sit there with my hand on my stomach during his "active time" and feel his head, arms, and feet when they bulge out.

3.) General conference- Because of being sick so much I haven't been able to enjoy church very much for a while. I usually only stay for sacrament meeting (if that) before getting to weak, nauseous, and uncomfortable that I have to go home, so being able to enjoy the words of the prophet and apostles from my own comfortable bed and couch was wonderful! I was brought to tears a few times by just how perfect certain talks were for me. I'm so grateful to be a member of the church so that I can get this sort of strength regularly. There were a lot of talks I really loved but I have to say my favorite was Elder Scott's. I hope that I can one day be the sort of wife and mother that deserves the sort of respect, tenderness, and love that Elder Scott used when talking about his wife.

4.) Graduation- I will be graduating from BYU in about 2 weeks. I thought that this day would never come but I am so grateful that it finally has. What a relief to know I have my bachelors and that period of life is behind me....I'm glad that I'll have the baby to start filling all those hours I used to use to study.


Well those are just a few of the things I'm grateful for I could go on and talk about my supportive family, my job that has been so kind to me while I've been sick, and the blessing of money coming when we needed it but those are stories for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduating!!! What a great accomplishment Channa. You & your hubby are so cute together. I'm excited to see your baby boy! You look great. I gain 60 lbs w each pregnancy. Haha. Ahhh. I do have big babies, Oakley was almost 10 lbs, but... the other 50 lbs??? Hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps-I LOVED LOVED General Conference as well. Elder Scott's talk was amazing. So tender. I bawled like a baby!

    ReplyDelete