Friday, May 11, 2012

Homes

Mark and I have been house hunting and it has been such a LONG process. I've been looking for 4-5 months now, but when you're as picky as I am it takes a while. In truth the fault does not lie completely on me because we've put offers on quite a few homes but they're either still sitting there because it's a short sale or we didn't bid high enough. I mean come on, I have been watching HGTV religiously and nothing that I have learned on that show applies to the situation right now. There is no negotiating... just one shot at an offer and then waiting. What's interesting is that the majority of homes have been selling for more than what they're listed for! Crazy huh!

Let's just say that my patience virtue is getting a good working right now.

It has been such a blessing to live in my in-law's basement during school and everything because it has allowed us to not only stay out of debt, but put money aside as well. I'm not going to lie it's also nice because when Conner goes down for the night mark and I can run the video monitor up to his parents and go out.

I hope that I can look back on this post in a few weeks and tell myself "see Shanna it was all worth it because you now have a house". I'll cross my fingers for that one.

1 comment:

  1. Short sales definitely try your patience but they're much better deals if you can wait it out. We didn't even look at short sales but I wish we had. I hope you find what you're looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete