Friday, April 30, 2010

El Salvador

I don't know if I've told everyone yet-that's what happens when you're a loser in the living in books-but Mark and I are going to El Salvador this summer!!!! We are so stinking excited but also a little nervous. We will be living in a little house outside of an orphanage in the mountatins. The orphanage houses over 140 residents ranging from newborns to...well I don't know how old but let's just say they're adults. A lot of them are disabled either physically or mentally and have been abandoned. I am so excited to work with them and make a difference. I truly believe that I won't be helping them so much as the'll be helping me. Isn't that the funny thing about service.....the more you give the more you receive and in turn the happier you are. One of my biggest dreams has always been to travel and see the world and different cultures. It definately will be an adventure. For those of you who don't know El Salvador is a small country in central america about the size of massachusets.

No comments:

Post a Comment